First, just watch….
Ok…did you watch? Good. Now let me allow you like myself enough time to go to your closet so you can change your underwear and put on new stain free pair of paints.
I’ll meet you back here.
Back? Great me too and if you are like me, then A) you have a new pair of pants on and B) are in preparation to clean up your sitting area cause YOUR MIND WAS FUCKIN BLOWN!~
It is rare for a trailer to have that big of an impact on me. I haven’t felt such joy and excitement and …I wont lie tingles … since probably I first saw the teaser trailer for the 2002 Spider-Man film. But this? This is the live action Avengers film. We will be seeing Iron Man, Cap, Thor, Hulk, Widow, Hawkeye, Fury, and even Maria Hill in live action..on screen together..in a film directed by Joss Whedon. Holy shit.
There is no real rhyme or reason for this post, just to get my excitement out and on a public forum, but while I’m typing let me just run down a few key points of the trailer that stood out to be…
1) Inner Team Fighting. IF there is one thing that is a staple of comic book hero team-ups, it is that before you can work together, you must fight. So seeing Cap’s shield withstand a shot by Thor’s hammer. Or seeing the tech based Iron Man versus the God of Thunder. Or the quick snippet of Widow vs. Hawkeye are going to be dreams come true.
2) Heroic Hulk. Seeing Iron Man falling from the sky only to be rescued by Hulk gives value to the idea that Banner/Hulk will be a bit more brainer than per-usual for the previous Hulk incarnations on film. It’s going to be great to see Hulk aware of his surroundings and his capabilities for once instead of just mindless smashing…
3) SMASHING! But fuck that, we love explosions! Buildings being blown up, gun fire, stuff collapsing. How does it get better?
4) WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT THING AT THE END~! Oh hell yeah, Loki starting a war? Might as well bring a robotic serpent looking destroyer.
5) Assemble. I know this visual has been seen before…but I just can’t get over that amazing 180 degree shot of the entire team backed up next to each other ready to fight. It just FEELS like a comic book page come to life.
I can’t wait for May 4th!